10 Secret Tips to Earn Income with Pet Budgies Colony

Love birds are also known as Budgies, in American English, Parakeet. Their actual name is Budgerigar is a long-tailed, seed-eating parrot usually nicknamed as budgie, the only species in the genus Melopsittacus (their biological name). Their actual breed has green-yellow with black, scalloped markings on the nape, back, and wings. But artificial breed comes with blues, whites, yellows, grey's and even with small crests.

Budgies are lovable pets since 1805 and are the third most popular pet after dog and cat because of their small size, low cost and some time they mimic human speech. They always live as a pair in both wild and as a pet at the home. Wild budgies found throughout the drier parts of Australia, in all conditions like dry, cold and how they survived for five million years.

I have around 25 budgies both male and female in my home as pets. I initially had only 3 pairs approximately one year back and got 25 numbers. we call them Love birds for a reason, they love their pair a lot, they mate a lot, they lay eggs at a time for around 6 and minimum three will grow as a real baby budgie and soi have around 25 budgies in 3 cages.

Cute Little Budgie Pet Bird
Credit: Vasanth babu (myself) Title: Male bird watching for his baby 

Anyone wishing to buy budgie and want to populate more like me, here are 10 secret tips to earn income with pet budgies colony that I have found practically by observing them carefully and I want to share that information as tips.

Tip number 1: Budgies Favorable condition
Make favorable conditions to your pet budgies. Not only budgies, but even human people also want favorable conditions to lead their successful lives. Budgies can survive any condition but if they want to enjoy happily loving each other and to make other processes like mating nesting and etc..., they need to find their own favorable condition. Not all birds have the same favorable condition every bird has a unique way to find their pair, nest, food, etc... If they grew up in wild they find themselves but if they grew up as a pet in our home we are responsible to find their favorable condition. For example generally, all budgies grew up in a square or rectangular cage. so square or rectangular cage that is cube or cuboid is their first priority and that is the tip no. 1. if it is circular which is cylindrical they find them self hard to fly around and adopting that cage after grew up so long in a cube cage is so hard. So first set up the cage in a proper dimension is the first priority for their favorable condition.   

Tip number 2: Budgies Cage size and number of Budgies inside
It is a very big cage and we have only one pair of budgies inside, they feel alone and isolated. they need friends to play around happily singing inside that big cage. as vice-versa it is a very small cage and we have many countless birds and they have no breathing space and so play time becomes fighting time for example sitting in a particular place they get more air so all try to go sit there for air and so they fight for the place and even nest.

Tip number 3: Keep the Budgies cage away from cats, dogs, and ants. 
A few years back I had a cage with budgies which was kept in the backyard of my house where sometimes I see cats but they don't disturb my cage in front of me in the day time. but in night time after I go to sleep they come back like a thief and disturb my cage, try to open the cage door with their hands, nails, and teeth thinking the budgies are their food and prey. My budgies shout a lot at that time to escape from cats I hear those sound I go back and shout at cats so they run away. one day I cant able to check the sound and next day morning I see full of blood and the disturbing situation in my cage. I set rate the cage but again and again, I and my budgies got disturbed by cats, street dogs, rats sometimes they byte their legs and ants. so I decided to give back all remaining budgies and cage. Now one year back I started again with four pairs of budgies in my own customized cage I kept away from cats, dogs, ants, and rats after watching it carefully. The placement of my cage is in the center of a big wall where cats can't climb over, rats cant come around dogs cant jump and climb over. so place it carefully with no disturbances.                  

Tip number 4: Keep it safe from overheat, cold and rain.   
A few days back suddenly a very big rain in my home town. At that time I am in my work and what I noticed when I came to my home my cage is at a place where it can  be affected by rain and what I noticed was a pot which is a nest full of water inside and in that pot a small baby budgie struggling to survive in water but I was at the right time I saw that bird I took the pot out and removed all the water out and make that baby safe. Generally, in India, we are living in a place that was full of heat in this situation having budgies as a pet is not an easy job though budgies can survive in any conditions. so keep it safe from any climatic conditions

Tip number 5: Budgies Nest
females fight for nest choosing the right one at the right place they like, that you provide inside the cage, for example, I provide clay pot with a hole. so our job is to observe them separate the fighting birds. provide nest carefully observing.

Tip number 6: The spoiled 

If we have 4 pairs, only 1 or 2 pairs mate and lay eggs and do their job the other two will be playful all the time they mate but don't lay eggs, they lay eggs and the destroy so those two don't populate. our job is to observe those two and separate them may be resale or give it back where you brought and change it because those are the spoilers. They do not populate and fight a lot with others and disturb them.

Tip number 7: Provide Budgies healthy food. 
Provide healthy food like seeds, fruits, leaves, etc.. that they can eat. some food varieties we can provide for a healthy diet 
pellets
seeds
fruits and vegetables
grains
boiled eggs
cuttlebone and mineral block.

Tip number 8: Watering Budgies
provide water in a vessel and wash it, Change the water every day. When they drink water they spill food from their mouth or beaks that remain in the water and become diseases when budgies come back and drink that water again. Moreover, budgies poop fall in the same water they drink which is not good for their health so replace the water every day. there is a simple water bottle available in the budgies store which can avoid all problems.

Tip number 9: Play toys for budgies

Budgies are play birds they pass their time by playing, singing and chirping when we provide some natural toys they become happy and forget all other problems it is so relaxing to see them playing with that toy. generally, I don't buy any toys from pet shops. I do by my self from wooden sticks bangles coconut shells etc...
     
Tip number 10: passion versus business
if we follow all tips by observing them carefully within a year we can see their increasing population slowly we can start selling the birds which are not good from breeding in our cage may be they go to some other places and they start breeding. so we can start selling it within our friend's relatives and we can develop our market. But we have to consider them as a pet not a product from the business. They too have feelings I have not started selling my budgies why because I love each and every one of them but later in future, if I can't maintain I may start selling them slowly 
So we can do it as a business if we generate population each pair we can sell it for 300 INR minimum. and also photography is my passion I sell stock images in Shutterstock. I took pictures of these birds I am selling it in Shutterstock. For any purpose, if required anyone can visit the website and buy it from online. I am giving all links with images click the image to buy it from Shutterstock online website

Cute Little Budgie Pet Bird
Credit: Vasanth babu (myself) Title: Nesting time 


Cute Little Budgie Pet Bird
Blue Bird Budgie 


Green yellow black budgie pet bird
Green Bird Budgie

Pet bird budgie feeding his baby.
Title: feeding


Pet bird grey budgie bird in cage.
Title: Matured grey bird budgie


Baby budgie coming out from nest to ask his food
Title: Baby budgie coming out from nest to ask his food

Budgie in silhouette backlight
Budgie in silhouette backlight 


Thanks for reading see you in the next post.

Regards
Vasanth Babu
from Align Multimedia.   
 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

My Instagram